Friday 17 December 2010

Dear Oh Deer...

I chose the title 'Tell me a story' for my final major project at the end of my Art Foundation. I wanted to create a collection of stories for children, not necessarily using words, with some aspect of a narrative. I created detailed illustrations of animals such as birds and deers using only pen, which I then decided to put onto a silk screen for photo screen printing. By using this technique, it abled me to use a wide range of colours in my project, developing and improving the original drawings. I then experimented with trying to print onto thin materials such as muslin, and cotton to see what effect the texture of the fabric created. I decided to go with the idea of producing a final collection of childrens wear, tee shirts and baby gros, with my drawings printed for the design and a catchy slogan of 'Dear oh deer' hand stitched on to the garment. Alongside these I made two picture books using monoprint and etching for the illustrations, all of which I exhibited in the Summer show.
Beautifully modelled by Freddie Rex Rae....










No comments:

Post a Comment