Thursday 27 January 2011

Lovely Bones

I have joined up to a printing press called St.Barnabas Press in Cambridge so I can produce some up to date prints for my portfolio. I am currently working on a series of etchings of butterflies and moths, and have just finished a dry point of a human skull. I want to move onto looking at the form of a body - a protective shell which capsulates us. I am enjoying having open access to a working press and all the facilities that are available to me, I will put up some of my etchings asap!

I've been looking at the artist Doug Selway, and a series of dry points he produced after visiting a museum. His etchings look exactly like drawings, the scratchy lines that an etching produces really shows the structure of the bones, showing the shadows and marks that bones posess.




http://stbarnabaspress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment